Friday, November 13, 2009

My Dog Gypsy Has Died

Hi Everyone,

Not one hour ago, my dog Gypsy passed away in my arms. She was ill, got better, and then, passed away today.

Many of you knew her in my stories. She was a gorgeous little black and white cocker spaniel who when I wasn't teaching her tricks was teaching them to me.

Yesterday, she seemed disoriented, but she came out of it and laid down. Last night, she didn't come to bed, so Sam laid with her.

All day long, she laid down and when I went to get the mail, she raised her head, so I thought she'd be ok. Then, at dinner time, she came to lay at the door of the kitchen. I put some Canadian Bacon by her head...her favorite after hot dogs...as well as pizza...and she didn't eat.
I picked her up and took her to the living room to watch the evening news and called my Mom. Mom was preparing dinner, so she said she'd call me back and right after I hung up, she yawned and died.

Many things will change in my life and houses. For years, I had light switches covered with tape because the lights stayed on...she was afraid of the dark. Those lights can now turn off.

She's beign flown back to Missouri. She's getting buried at my Mom's house...out in the country...where there's a little grove for all the other family pets who were treasured and have passed on. She'll be resting next to Missy, my Mom's dog who was a playmate to Gyp when they were around each other.

Right now, the tears just flow. She was my baby and my source of joy for so many hours. She was loved and loved unconditionally.