Monday, November 16, 2009

Johnny Murdoch's essay I posted

It seems daily, I'm screwing up. Yup, I'm admitting it.

Ok, the other day, I posted a blog essay Johnny Murdoch did. I didn't think anything of it, and then, I went on to give my own opinion which matched his.

In all actuality, I fucked up. First of all, I didn't ask and I didn't even link it to his original blogsite which had the essay.

Now, Johnny wrote me a really nice letter. He didn't even ask me to pull it. He asked me to put a link to his and that's it.

Well, I can't do that. I'll tell you why. If I had a kid who shoplifted from the store, I'd trot that kid back and I'd make the kid give back what he stole. THEN, I'd probably let the kid know how disappointed I was in him.

Personally, what I did was the same as that kid. What Johnny did was the same as the store keeper telling me to go ahead and keep it, but not to do it again. It's sweet of him, but it's being more understanding than he clearly had a right to be. I doubt if I'd have been as kind....well, maybe I would've...I mean, I didn't get all bent out of shape when Fox's show stole my bucket concept, but just the same, what I did was wrong and for that, I publicly apologize.

What else I'll say is Johnny Murdoch is a class act. I don't know the guy, but what I can tell is he's got a wonderful blog/facebook/twitter/and myspace like I do. That means he's working his tail off to get it out there and for me to steal something and use it without asking is pure bullshit.

Ok, I'm going to forgive myself, but what I'll tell you guys is you can count on me giving you what you get via asking and permission. That's a promise.