Saturday, October 3, 2009

Paypal Sucks

Hi,

I just got off the phone with Paypal's so-called customer service. Needless to say, I'm pissed.

What if I were to tell you that I bought a pair of pants from a man on eBay. The pants were supposed to be a size XL. When they arrived, they were a size so fuckin' small my ass couldn't even fit in them!

I emailed the man who I bought them from and he was kind enough to refund them back to me. Notice I say the word REFUND here. It's called a refund when you get your money back...RIGHT??? Not according to Paypal.

With Paypal, if the man sent me my money back, it's called a PAYMENT. Since it's a payment, they want their money from the payment as a transaction fee.

Anyone with half a God damned brain staring at a computer can see it's a refund. I sent the money. It's shown as a transaction where I sent the money. He sent the exact same funds back, so it's all there on the computer.

Well, I called Paypal. I don't like it when someone takes money which doesn't belong to them...no matter the amount. In this case, it's fifty eight fuckin' cents.

It took some doing, but I got through to a live human being. Don't ask me how, but it happened. I'm saying that because they've got a phone system which is rather complex. I hate that shit.

SO, I get this guy on the phone and it's actually someone who sounds American...so I will give them a plus there... Now, I stayed calm. I had a giggle to my voice telling him they erred. I explained the whole damned transaction and he even said he saw the money was sent to the man and he saw it was sent back to me...the same exact amount.

Where he fucked up was he saw it and said "I'm sorry sir, but there's nothing I CAN do." Let me repeat that..."CAN DO".

First of all, I worked with a computer system like theirs for far longer than I care to admit. I'll also tell you I know the ability to refund an error in the system is possible. What he should have said is "I'm sorry sir, there's nothing I WILL do."

Now, let me repeat. It's only fifty eight cents. However, it's fifty eight cents they weren't entitled to versus fifty eight cents they were entitled to. Do that a million fuckin' times a day and you've got over half a million dollars tax paid.

Needless to say, my opinion of that stunt got the dude told, "You keep the fuckin' fifty eight cents, but I'm going to blog the hell out of it!" SO, you see it here first and then, you'll see it wherever I can copy and paste my opinion.

It's not often I get on a rag like I've got now. I'm supposed to be relaxed and very Doris Day about shit. Needless to say, my blood pressure is probably through the roof and once again, I'll repeat. Paypal Sucks.