Friday, October 30, 2009

Out Of The Darkness

Hi Everyone,

I mentioned ordering my BadAzz Ford. Well, I failed to mention it arrived. I'll put a photo of the way it arrived and then, you'll see I'm not real cracked up about it. BUT, anyone who knows me knows a vehicle doesn't stay stock long.



As you can see, it's black. The reason I ordered black is because I had an idea I'd go different with the murals.
What I had thought....was I'd have it based upon the Blacknight theme. If you're not familiar with Blacknight, I'll put the photos I've got collected on it and then, you'll see how it will most likely look.









The way things go, my mind changes, expands, and plays with concepts.

With the Blacknight concept, it's not my own. It's not making a STATEMENT. It's not helping others and it's not making it a conversation piece.

The reason I NEED a conversation piece is this...my trucks are show trucks driven daily on the streets. I know they draw crowds and unless I'm making a statement, it's not waking people up to why the murals are there.

What I want to do is call the truck "Out of the Darkness". Now, why would I call it "Out of the Darkness"...you ask? Because "Out of the Darkness" is a teenage suicide prevention organization. And suicide is the highest ranking reason after car accidents for teen deaths here in the United States...and of those deaths, the highest reason given was homosexuality.

The thing I want to do is I want to do the truck so rather than having the Blacknight, you've got a warrior dressed similarly to this:






What's interesting is this... I've always wanted to get involved in something with the teen suicide prevention thing, but what's stopped me from working the hotline was the fact that I'd probably be insane if I was talking with someone and they did it right then.
Rather than do so, I figure I can make statements with the truck and tell adults and teens alike there is help. It gets something done and it gets a conversation thinking about what people need to think about should it happen in their lives, family, or whatever....and, if they happen to think the scars on my face are from that, then so be it. I'm cool with it.